On this page, you can find answers to questions that might come up in the course of your participation:
The International Study
Questions about the survey:
● Apart from this, check whether you have already added email@example.com to your address book - this prevents the mails from ending up in the spam folder.
● Check if push notifications für die Mail-App aktiviert sind. (Sofern Sie ein iPhone und die Mail-App von Apple nutzen, können Sie firstname.lastname@example.org auch als VIP hinzufügen – dann erhalten Sie nur Push-Benachrichtigungen für die Mails von dieser Adresse.)
● Often there is no background update of the mails if energy saving mode is activated on the smartphone. However, you can switch this off for most smartphones, which should lead to mails getting received and displayed faster and more reliably.
In individual cases it may happen that no mails are sent on a single day due to technical problems. We therefore ask you to only contact us if you did not receive any emails for at least 2 consecutive days.
Questions about feedback and lottery:
Some universities may provide their students with some kind of course credit for participating in this study.
In general, this is especially common for psychology students as they often have to attest participation in a certain number of studies in order to finish their degree. However, as this is an international study, there is no guarantee that your university/faculty/department will provide you with course credit. As a first point of reference, please check the participating universities as depicted here (note: not all of these universities provide their students with course credits for participation).
Most likely, you will already know if there is any kind of course credit for participation. However, if you are not sure whether your university will provide you with course credits for participation, please directly contact the international collaborator associated with your university.
Currently the universities providing their students with course credit for participation the International CoCo Study are:
- WWU Muenster (Germany)
- University of Osnabrueck (Germany)
- LMU Munich (Germany)
- The University of Newcastle (Australia)
- Durham University (UK)
- University of Kent (UK)
In case, your questions or issues were not sufficiently answered or addressed in the FAQ section, please use the form below to contact the CoCo study team.